For entertainment value only I read the annual Feng Shui Index prepared by CLSA. The Feng Shiu Index has become something of an institution in Hong Kong since it was first published in 1992. In terms of track record it boasts something of a mixed performance record (not much different from analysts).
For this year, the Hang Seng Index is expected to be volatile in the early months before bottoming out in June or July and then beginning an uptrend in August which will continue for the rest of the year.
My own fortune for the year of the ox looks equally mixed. Of particular interest is that my love life will be somewhat lacking this year - while Mrs Traineeinvestor's will flourish. Should I be worried?
Some of the more entertaining predictions:
- a virus will disable blackberries for 48 hours;
- Japan fails to introduce any workable reforms (no different from every year from 1992-2008);
- Iceland challenges India's dominance of the call centre industry;
- Britain declared an economic basket case - Zimbabwe offers aid;
- Hong Kong's air quality improves due to factory closures.
And no, I do not take any of this seriously.