April was another good month for my investments. Just about every investment I hold appreciated in value. Currency movements were neutral. In addition, I continued to enjoy full rental income from my properties, although lower rental levels started applying this month on some properties.
Here are the details:
1.my actively managed funds all appreciated during the month. I am still holding losses on many of them. I currently have investments in actively managed funds investing in Thailand, Taiwan, Eastern Small Companies, European Small Companies and Vietnam;
2. my index tracking funds were up. I currently have exposure to Hong Kong, India, Taiwan and Russia;
3. my residual equity portfolio appreciated slightly;
4. my commodity investments were static (with an increase in the price of nickel offsetting a decline in the price of lean hogs. I have small positions in the Lyxor Commodities ETF, nickel and lean hogs;
5. all my properties are all fully rented and the tenants are paying the rent on time. I have both a positive cash flow and a surplus of income over expenses (which represents an increase in net worth);
6. currency movements were neutral.
I increased my investment in an India ETF (2836), made a small investment in a Russia ETF (2831) and entered into two OTC option contracts:(i) short USD/NZD (ii) writing a put option against the HK Tracker Fund. At the end of the month I made a further small investment in the Russia ETF and purchased some RMB and USD denominated bonds. The end of month investments have not been included in the balance sheet as the have not settled yet.
Income was low (it will be erratic under the new job) but sufficient to make a small contribution to the gain for the month. My spending was high due to our overseas holiday at Easter. I already make accruals against my net worth for holidays, luxuries and tax.
For the month, my net worth increased by 2.68%. The year to date increase is 19.49%.