Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day - YUCK!

I really hate Valentine's Day. Really. The good news is that I am not alone. One on-line poll which I saw, showed that less than 4% of respondents actually "loved" Valentine's Day while in aggregate 43% either thought it was "irritating - geared towards retail" or simply "loath" it. I fall squarely into the latter camp - I hate being ripped off with over priced flowers, overpriced meals, irritated to death by endless advertisements and being forced to participate in an event that has no real meaning whatsoever. It's about as unromantic as you can get.

The good news is that Mrs Traineeinvestor is a very pragmatic person - no flowers on Valentine's Day or Mothers' Day by request.

Even though I usually provide a home cooked dinner by candle light, this year we will be going out just for a change but I do not intend to make a habit out of it. I'd much rather spend a couple of hours in the kitchen cooking up a special meal.

No comments: