May was a poor month for my investments.
Net worth took hit. Asian equities and Au/NZ equities more or less went sideways in local currency terms, silver nudged slightly lower but FX movements were highly unfavourable. Expenses were moderate.
Here are the details:
1. my Hong Kong/China equity portfolio went sideways. There were no transactions this month;
2. my AU/NZ equities were flat. There were no transactions this month;
3.my equity ETFs went sideways (India, Vietnam, Hong Kong and China) in line with the local markets. There were no new purchases;
4. my commodities fell slightly. Silver is my only position;
5. all tenants are paying on time. We will move into a vacant rental unit while our primary home is undergoing renovation;
6. currency movements were strongly negative with the NZD and the AUD falling sharply;
7. my position in bonds remains small;
8. expenses were moderate. Expenses next month will be very high as we are about to pull the trigger on our home renovation project;
9.I made a transfer to Mrs Traineeinvestor this month.
My cash position fell. I currently hold 38.7 months of expenses in HKD cash or equivalents.
For May, my net worth fell by 1.3% - just about all of this was due to currency movements. The year to date increase is 7.41%.
Post a Comment