Sunday, April 09, 2006

Mission Statement

The decision to join the blogging community is most likely symptomatic of my first mid-life crisis. In any event, I have set up this blog for a number of reasons. The most important is to impose some discipline on my personal financial planning and money management. While I have managed to make a reasonable start towards saving for my eventual retirement, there have been significant deficiences in my progress to date. Budgeting has been weak (when done at all) and investing has been done in a manner that gives new meaning to the concept of "random walk" investing. Putting my investing and other ideas down in writing should help clarify my thinking. Failing which, I get to look back and wonder what on earth was I thinking.

Traineeinvestor

No comments: