June was a terrible month for my investments.
Net worth took big fall on the back of falling stock markets with the losses being increased my adverse FX movements. Expenses were high as we moved homes (temporarily).
Here are the details:
1. my Hong Kong/China equity portfolio fell sharply. There were no transactions this month;
2. my AU/NZ equities fell moderately. There were no transactions this month;
3.my equity ETFs fell sharply (India, Vietnam, Hong Kong and China) in line with the local markets. There were no new purchases;
4. my commodities fell slightly. Silver is my only position;
5. all tenants are paying on time. We are currently living in one of our rental units while our primary home undergoes some long overdue redecoration;
6. currency movements were negative with the NZD and the AUD falling;
7. my position in bonds remains small;
8. expenses were very high as we have paid for part of our moving costs and the first instalment
on our home renovation project;
9.there were no transfers to Mrs Traineeinvestor this month.
My cash position fell. I currently hold 35.3 months of expenses in HKD cash or equivalents.
For June, my net worth fell by 4.05%. The year to date increase is 3.46%.