October was a good month for my investments.
Net worth recovered. With equities were up across the board and FX movements were mildly favourable. Commodities continued lower and expenses were high.
Here are the details:
1. my Hong Kong equity portfolio appreciated in line with the local market. There were no transactions this month;
2. my AU/NZ equities appreciated. There were no purchases this month;
3.my equity ETFs were higher (India, Vietnam, Hong Kong and China) in line with the local markets. There were no new purchases;
4. my commodities fell. Silver is my only position;
5. the properties are at full occupancy and all tenants are paying on time. There were no repairs this month;
6. currency movements were slightly positive with gains in the NZD and the AUD;
7. my position in bonds remains small;
8. expenses were high;
9.there were no transfers to Mrs Traineeinvestor this month.
My cash position fell slightly. I currently hold 44.8 months of expenses in HKD cash or equivalents.
For October, my net worth increased by 1.75%. The year to date increase is 5.09%.