February was another good solid month for my investments.
Net worth increased. Asian equities appreciated slightly slightly offset be a small fall in commodities and FX movements were slightly favourable. Expenses were high as I expensed half the cost of renovating a flat.
Here are the details:
1. my Hong Kong/China equity portfolio increased . There were no transactions this month;
2. my AU/NZ equities appreciated. There were no transactions this month;
3.my equity ETFs appreciated (India, Vietnam, Hong Kong and China) in line with the local markets. There were no new purchases;
4. my commodities fell slightly. Silver is my only position;
5. all tenants are paying on time. One property is vacant and is currently undergoing renovation;
6. currency movements were positive with gains in the NZD and the AUD being flat;
7. my position in bonds remains small;
8. expenses were high due to expensing half of the renovation costs of a vacant rental flat and university fees being paid;
9.there were no transfers to Mrs Traineeinvestor this month.
My cash position fell. I currently hold 34.1 months of expenses in HKD cash or equivalents. February is the lowest month of the year as far as cash inflows are concerned.
For February, my net worth increased by 1.21%. The year to date increase is 1.61%.