January was a good solid month for my investments.
Net worth appreciated. Equities appreciated across the board as did commodities while adverse FX movements materially reduced the local currency gains. Expenses were low.
Here are the details:
1. my Hong Kong/China equity portfolio rose in line with the local market . There were no transactions this month;
2. my AU/NZ equities appreciated. There were no transactions this month;
3.my equity ETFs appreciated (India, Vietnam, Hong Kong and China) in line with the local markets. There were no new purchases;
4. my commodities rose slightly. Silver is my only position;
5. the properties are no longer a full occupancy and all tenants are paying on time. One property became vacant just before Chinese New Year in 2015. The vacant property requires a complete renovation and this will start next week;
6. currency movements were negative with falls in the NZD and the AUD;
7. my position in bonds remains small;
8. expenses were low;
9.there were no transfers to Mrs Traineeinvestor this month.
My cash position increased slightly. I currently hold 35.8 months of expenses in HKD cash or equivalents.
For October, my net worth rose by 0.53%. The year to date increase is 0.53%.